An asparagus fern
Asparagus Ferns are neither an Asparagus nor a Fern, they're actually a member of the Lily family and will, if very happy, produce tiny white flowers. But primarily they are grown for their lush green, wilful foliage and look great either hanging or sitting on a high shelf from which they can tumble elegantly. They are easy to look after house plants that will reward you with fast growth.
Asparagus Ferns don't take too kindly to being too warm and dry. If you have it anywhere near a radiator in Winter for example, you will find half of your plant turns yellow and drops all its fronds. So find a cooler, bright spot where it will receive indirect light.
Increase the humidity around your plant by placing a water filled pebble tray under the pot, or mist the foliage regularly. They do not want to be waterlogged, but do not let the soil dry out too much, little and often is a good rule of thumb. That said, they are more forgiving than true ferns and will not die back so easily if you go on holiday and your friend forgets to water them for you! They will also benefit from a regular liquid feed in the Spring and Summer, but don't like to be repotted too regularly, preferring to be a bit pot bound than to have plenty of space, every couple of years is sufficient.
- Size: H35cm x D12cm approx.
- Our plants are available for delivery in and around Edinburgh, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
- Our plants are available for collection from our Edinburgh plant shop 7 days per week
- Please include message and preferred delivery date in the message box at checkout
- Same day delivery available if ordered before 1pm (Monday - Friday)
- Pot not included
- Note that if ingested the berries of Asparagus Fern are toxic to cats and dogs
At the checkout page you will be given the option to:
- collect from shop
- deliver to post codes EH1-3 and EH10: £7
- deliver to post codes EH4-9 and EH11-16: £8.50,
- deliver to post codes EH17 - EH30: £18.
- We can also deliver further afield - please call ahead for a quote.
Please ensure you provide a full delivery address, we cannot be held responsible for wrongly delivered items due to incorrect or incomplete addresses.
Please provide a preferred delivery date, we cannot guarantee a specific time slot. Deliveries are available Monday - Friday (except bank holidays).
To ensure the plant reaches the recipient safely we recommend checking they will be in on the selected delivery day. If the recipient is not in at the time of delivery we will leave the plant in a safe place or with a neighbour, if this isn't possible it will be returned to our shop for the recipient to collect. If you would like to rearrange delivery for another day following a failed delivery attempt you will be charged for the delivery fee again.